Good Morning , As some of you are aware Jackie has left the Sales and Marketing team to join Pacific Sport as Manager of Athletes in the Central Okanagan. This has created a great opportunity to join the Sales and Marketing team in a support role for my office and the team that works out of our Kelowna office. If you are interested in applying for the position please forward your resume to Georgia in our HR office.
Purpose of Position:
Based at the Ambrosi Rd, Kelowna office the Marketing and Sales Assistant provides support to the Senior Vice President, Marketing & Sales, by communicating with departments to achieve corporate objectives. Performs standard, advanced, and confidential duties as well as coordinates and develops and implements advertising and marketing strategies for the resorts under the direction of the Senior Vice President, Marketing & Sales.
- Degree qualifications in communications, marketing or related field (desirable)
- Experience in an office environment
- Ability to undertake a range of office administration, accurately and efficiently including data entry
- Comfortable working independently and collaboratively
- Advanced knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent organizational and communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience using social media platforms Instagram, Facebook and Twitter
- A keen interest in the tourism and hospitality industry
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to priorities workload and work to, and meet, deadlines
- A team player, willing to go above and beyond scope of role to ensure success
- Belief in the Big White mission statement To go the extra mile to ensure our visitors enjoy a memorable alpine experience in a positive, safe and friendly environment
- Implements and records on POs all media purchases in print, radio, and television with various suppliers
- Types via dictation of letters, memos, reports and other correspondence for the Senior Vice President
- Assist in the development of sales and promotional materials and collateral
- Maintain inventory of marketing material at Head Office including promotional items
- Builds and maintains relationships on behalf of Senior Vice President with partners, printing companies, contractors, media, on-mountain businesses, etc.
- Participates in the development of marketing plans
- Coordinates travel arrangements for Senior Vice President, and Board Members (as required)
- Provide support to the sales team regarding shipping displays and marketing material to ski show locations, as well as general shipping from the Marketing & Sales department
- Handles corporate correspondence regarding donations, charitable and sales prize letters - printing and mailing of prizing and donation request letters to charity organizations and partners
- Provides copy, images, logos and other electronic functions to media, tour operators and wholesalers.
- Provides administrative support and resources to the Marketing and Sales team
- Provide support with incoming resort media and sales FAM tours, VIPs and special guests, as required.
- Ad hoc tasks as directed by the Sr. Vice President and Marketing Sales Team.
- Ability to physically get around the resort
- Light lifting
If you believe you meet the requirements of the role please apply via the link. Big White thanks all applicants for their interest, only those successful for interview will be contacted.
If you require any further information about the role please contact Georgia McFarlane, HR Coordinator at email@example.com